In the opening game of the 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup Warm-up Matches, Bangladesh will play Sri Lanka. While both squads will aim for the trophy to boost morale for the rest of the competition, obtaining actual game time is the priority. The Dream11 Prediction for Bangladesh vs. Sri Lanka is discussed here.
Both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka performed poorly in the Asia Cup. Bangladesh’s overall record in ODIs versus Sri Lanka is poor, although they have been successful against them recently. The Bangladesh cricket team learned a hard lesson after losing their recent home series to the second-best side in the world, New Zealand.
It would be intriguing to see how Sri Lanka, who also suffered a crushing defeat in the Asia Cup final, shapes up for this competition.
BAN vs SL Match Details:
Venue: ACA Stadium, Kamrup Metropolitan, India
Date & Time: Friday, September 29, 02:00 PM (IST)
Telecast & Live Streaming: Sky Sports Cricket, Fancode, Jio Cinema+
BAN vs SL Past Stats:
|Head To Head||Teams||Match Won||NR|
Do you want to know which is the best betting site for India:
- If You Deposite ₹500, You’ll Get an Extra ₹500 Bonus In Baji 100% For Sure
- Deposite ₹500 And Get an Exclusive Bonus Of ₹500 In Jeetbuzz 100%
- Deposite ₹500 And Get 70% Exclusive Bonus
- 50% Welcome Bonus to ₹500 On Your First Deposit
- Your First Deposit Of ₹500 Can Get a 60% Welcome Bonus
BAN vs SL Weather Report:
|Wind Speed||11 km/h|
Also, You Can Check From Here:
BAN vs SL Pitch Report:
Barsapara Cricket Stadium in Guwahati has a slow pitch where medium-fast fast bowlers get help. Batsmen are able to score well even though the pitch is slow for batting, and more international and local matches have not been played here yet.
There will be some assistance for the bowlers in the early overs. However, the wicket will be flat, where batsmen can play their strokes freely. The side batting first would like 320 runs on the board to win this game.
BAN vs SL Playing 11:
Bangladesh (Probable XI): Litton Das, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Towhid Hridoy, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mehidy Hasan, Mahedi Hasan, Tanzim Sakib, Nasum Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Hasan Mahmud
Sri Lanka (Probable XI): Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis (wk), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dasun Shanaka (c), Lahiru Kumara, Pramod Madhushan, Kasun Rajitha, Matheesha Pathirana
Points to Consider for Bangladesh:
- Bangladesh may offer Litton Das, Tanzid Hasan, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, and Mahmudullah extra middle-inning time. Litton averaged 24 in ODIs in 2023 after a strong 2022. The squad will depend on his experience and quality at the top, which is concerning.
- Tanzid Hasan may start the World Cup or substitute for Tamim Iqbal. To get used to Indian conditions, he would open the batting in both warm-up matches.
- Shoriful Islam may be preferred over Mustafizur Rahman in the World Cup XI, but both will bowl in the warm-ups.
Points to Consider for Sri Lanka:
- The Asia Cup’s Kusal Perera failed to impress after replacing Dimuth Karnunaratne, who is struggling. Before the big competition, they need more midfield time.
- Pathum Nissanka, Sri Lanka’s leading ODI batter since 2022, struggled against Bangladesh (82 runs at 16 in 5 innings). He intends to challenge the right-arm pace threat, especially under lights (Taskin and Hasan Mahmud), at Barsapara, a high-scoring venue.
- Sri Lanka may not want to overbowl Matheesha Pathirana, thus Dasun Shanaka and injured Lahiru Kumara may be given a chance to bowl.
BAN vs SL Best Performers:
The Best Batter:
Pathum Nissanka – (Sri Lanka): Pathum Nissanka may be Sri Lanka’s best batter in the first warm-up match against Bangladesh. Nissanka has been exceptional lately, scoring 511 runs in his last 10 outings. He could pose a concern to Bangladesh.
The Best Bowler:
Matheesha Pathirana – (Sri Lanka): At the WC 2023, Star bowler Matheesha Pathirana should be at his best. Pathirana took 11 wickets in the Asia Cup So he might be Sri Lanka’s tournament ace.